Volunteer RolesPORCH is proud to be an all-volunteer organization and we always welcome new helping hands!
- Time Commitment: 4 hours per month
- Details: Point person in a neighborhood or on a street for monthly food drives. Neighborhood coordinators spread the word about the designated day for the food drives, pick up donations from neighborhood porches, and schlep the food bags to a central location.
Food Sort Volunteer
- Time Commitment: 2-3 hours per month, always on Monday mornings
- Details: Sort, pack, and deliver to local pantries the hundreds of bags of non-perishable food donations
- Location: Parish Office at St Thomas More Catholic Church, 940 Carmichael Street, Chapel Hill
Food for Families Volunteer
- Time Commitment: 1-6 hours per month
- Details: Help with the packing and hand-to-hand delivery of fresh foods for hundreds of families in the community.