February 2023: The Latest from PORCH
- On Jan. 28, Shake Shack hosted a fundraiser for PORCH. One-quarter of sales went to our organization when patrons mentioned the fundraiser. Pictured above are members of UNC’s PORCH Club, who dined at Shake Shack that day.
- At the end of January, school social workers picked up their second Food for Schools bundle of the academic year. Food for Schools provides supplemental food – snacks like protein bars and cheese crackers – to students in CHCCS who are hungry and struggling to concentrate in the classroom. We provide each school with $1,000 worth of snacks per year. Learn more about Food for Schools.
- It was great to see Winnie at our most recent food sorting event. She is one of the presidents of the PORCH Club at East Chapel Hill High.
- Giving non-perishables to PORCH soon? Save volunteer Kinsie some effort and check the expiration dates before you donate! Thanks in advance.
- Weaver Street Market’s most recent Round Up fundraiser for PORCH ran from the beginning of November through January. Shoppers, by rounding up, you raised $47,714.87 for our organization. This will provide a 35-pound box of fresh produce to 110 local families for an entire year! Thank you so much for your support. The incredible Round Up program has generated more than $375,000 for our organization over the years.
- For Valentine’s Day, whoopie pies from Starfish Bakery let our volunteers know how much we appreciate all they do for PORCH!
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Durham sponsored an employee serve day and packed 100 meal kits for our families. Thank you for providing everything needed to put a flavorful meal on each table!