January 2024: The Latest from PORCH
- The families at Montessori Community School brought in donations for PORCH’s Food for Families and Food for Pantries programs. We are grateful for their support!
- We’d like to thank Mitch Horwitz and his colleagues at Duke’s Division of Hematologic Malignancies and Cellular Therapy. They collected a car load full of food to donate to PORCH during their holiday celebration!
- Merry and bright: The PORCH Club at Chapel Hill High made holiday cards that went into this month’s Food for Families bags!
- Thank you to the Town of Chapel Hill for volunteering with us last month!
- Congratulations to our art contest winner, Salome, pictured here with PORCH Family Engagement Manager Lucky Reumann! We appreciate all our artists’ entries and look forward to holding more participant engagement activities in 2024!
- Such an abundance of food donations last month! Thank you to everyone who contributed. This support is vital for the 2,532 neighbors – including more than 1,425 children – in our Food for Families program.
- This pair of siblings earned money and used it to shop for food for our families in need. We are in awe of their generous spirits!