December 2022: The Latest from PORCH
- Lanza’s Cafe will host a Dec. 17 event to benefit PORCH. In lieu of an admission fee, bring non-perishable goods such as canned vegetables, dried pasta, bags of beans, or 1 lb. and 2 lb. bags of rice. Learn more.
- Our thanks to the Timber Hollow neighborhood for collecting food for PORCH this month. Pictured are Danielle, the community manager, and her co-worker.
- Debbie McCormick’s Meadowmont Berkshire Hathaway real estate office held a food drive for us this month. We are grateful for the support!
- Pictured are Aria, Mr. Cooper, and Caroline from Chapel Hill High’s Student Government. They held a food drive for PORCH this month and delivered two carloads full of food for our families!
- Thank you to Weaver Street Market shoppers for rounding up for PORCH! Your nickels, dimes, quarters, and pennies will go a long way to provide fresh, healthy food to families with children in our community. You’ve raised more than $19,000 since Nov. 1 – and you can round up for PORCH through Jan. 31! Proceeds from the Carrboro and Southern Village stores benefit PORCH Chapel Hill-Carrboro and proceeds from the Hillsborough store benefit PORCH Hillsborough. In the five years since Round Up began, it has provided $2 million to 12 community partners.
- Spreading holiday cheer! The PORCH Club at East Chapel Hill High made holiday cards to place in our Food for Families bags this month.