With your support, we can strengthen the safety net for our most vulnerable community members.
Your donations fund PORCH’s COVID-19 response efforts, including:
- An abundance of fresh, nutritious produce, milk, and eggs for 500 families enrolled in our Food for Families program. The children in these families have been identified by school district social workers as being at high risk for food insecurity. Ninety percent of our clients live below the poverty level and many have lost jobs or shifts during the pandemic.
- A healthy snack program for the 19 schools in the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools as well as our district’s pre-kindergarten and after-school programs. For more information about the program and sponsorship opportunities, email Becky Hebert.
- A new Food for Emergency program using grocery gift cards to extend our reach with community partners working on the front lines of COVID relief such as El Centro Hispano, Marian Cheek Jackson Center, and Refugee Community Partnership.
Join the Fight Against Hunger in Our Community
- Sign up for our newsletter to learn more about what you can do to help with our community-wide hunger relief effort.
- Donate now to help us get more food into the hands of our most vulnerable community members.
Click Here for a list of resources offering food assistance during COVID-19